Axiom Zen is an award-winning venture studio that specializes in mainstream applications of emerging technologies. Products developed by Axiom Zen have touched 200+ million consumers and are used by the world’s leading organizations. Recent successes include CryptoKitties, the first mainstream application of blockchain technology outside cryptocurrency.
Axiom Zen is also the team behind ZenHub, the world’s leading collaboration solution for technical teams; and the creator of Toby, tab management with personality recognized as Top Chrome Extension of the year by both Google and Product Hunt. Axiom Zen’s work has been featured in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, TIME, and Fast Company among many others.
What We’ll Accomplish Together:
- Build foundational tools and processes to help us accelerate through a period of unprecedented growth. A fundamental challenge will be balancing large-scale security needs with fast-moving projects and team members.
- We're not going to assign you a DevOps technology stack; we want you to explore the latest developments in your field, and establish a reliable and innovative stack.
- You'll have the opportunity to continually test and set up infrastructure for a diverse portfolio of projects, ranging from small-scale experiments to industry-defining products.
- You’ll also get to partner with the team to unlock automation challenges while exploring opportunities in scaling—particularly in the world of blockchain technology.
Our ideal candidate:
- Demonstrated excellence in a DevOps role, preferably at a fast-growing startup with a well-loved consumer product
- Comfort working in high-security and compliance environments, e.g. finance, healthcare, cryptocurrency
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools (e.g. Chef, Ansible)
- Experience with Docker, container management tools like Kubernetes
- Experience with continuous integration tools like Travis, Jenkins
- Relevant technical skills (Golang, Bash scripting, Python, Java)
- Ability to define high-level strategy for operations monitoring, risk mitigation, and security best practices
- Interest or experience in applied cryptography and security
How to Apply:
- Please include your resume
- Answer the following question:
Write a quick description of one of your most exciting recent projects, audience being a fellow engineer. (~50-100 words max)
Several titles could apply to this role —DevOps Engineer, DevOps Scaling Expert–– regardless of what you call yourself, it’s your mission to help us build scalable infrastructure.
- Comfortable in a cloud-based environment (AWS, Google Cloud,...)
- Knowledgeable about Linux systems.
- Experience building and scaling applications infrastructure.
- Know what to automate and when
- Understands network and systems security.
- Shows demonstrable interest in new tech and outside-the-box solutions.
- Experience working with containers and orchestration systems
- Interested in Blockchain technologies
- Plays nice with new tech – and other people.