Axiom Zen is a venture design studio that collaborates with Fortune 500 partners to turn ideas into companies. Our Agile best practices-driven engineering team is committed to continuous deployment, continuous integration, and automated testing.
This is initially a paid 4 to 8 month position, but we’d love to see startup-minded developers who are open to an extension or becoming a full-time Axiom if the fit is good. If you're driven, and have amazing software development chops, Axiom Zen can help you take your career to the next level.
As the ideal Axiom, you have:
- A strong grasp of CS fundamentals, algorithms, data structures, and design patterns.
- Cool projects to show us! You code for fun and are a true geek at heart.
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies, including automated testing, pair-programming, continuous integration, and continuous delivery.
- Interest or knowledge of UX and UI design principles.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest technologies, and you get excited about pushing the boundaries of what's possible on the web, mobile, and other emerging platforms.
- The fire and hunger for continuous improvement and learning.
- A completed or nearly completed BS/MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
You stand out because you have some of the following:
- Familiarity and comfort with Git and GitHub, including creating or contributing to open source projects.
- REST API familiarity / expertise.
- Demonstrated interest or expertise in big data, machine learning, natural language processing (NLP), data mining, voice recognition, or other artificial intelligence.
- Passion for performance optimization.
- Prior experience with top-tier Silicon Valley companies and startups.
Why get excited? We have:
- Really smart people: Our engineering team thrives on solving user problems with the latest tools and techniques (some of which we’ve built ourselves!). Axioms hail from startups and tech leaders like Google, Apple, Baidu, EA, and Microsoft.
- Cutting-edge technology: We use state-of-the-art machine learning techniques to build our own semantic analysis technology that helped the Timeline team put news in context.
- Amazing benefits! We want Axioms to be happy and thriving, and that’s why we offer a competitive salary, unlimited vacation, holistic initiatives, active speakers budget… and more!
Are you axiomatic?
If you think we’ll work well together, we want to hear from you!
Apply via the form below and introduce yourself! Include any info that will help us get to know you better, like links to GitHub or recent side projects, and include details (50 words or less) on the most impressive thing you have built or achieved. Let us know if you’d like to be considered for the front-end, back-end engineer, or iOS team, and don’t forget your availability.
At last count Axioms have lived in 31 countries, and speak 16 languages! We are Axiom Zen, and we don’t discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Zen Den Vancouver
980 Howe St #350
Vancouver, BC V6Z 0C8