Company: Dapper Labs Inc.
Job Title: Distributed Systems Engineer / Architect (Blockchain Scaling)
Duties: Dapper Labs is looking for an experienced Distributed Systems Architect to accelerate the development of one of our most ambitious projects. As a leader on the engineering team, you will play a key role in designing, building and bringing to market blockchain systems designed to serve billions of potential users.
As the ideal candidate, you have demonstrated expertise with distributed systems at consumer scale as well as the curiosity and creativity to explore new approaches to ambiguous problems. You understand the value of developer-friendly infrastructure and are excited about breaking new ground in a quickly-evolving space.
Does this describe you?
- Demonstrated excellence in software engineering
- Demonstrated excellence in building and scaling infrastructure-as-a-service solutions
- Focused on delivering impact and results to those who will use the system
- Dedicated to ethical, values-driven work that will positively impact this and future generations
- Committed to personal and professional growth and willing to both learn and teach a high performance team
- Excited about joining an open and honest work environment with supportive, ego-free colleagues committed to solving hard problems
What we'll accomplish together:
- Build, scale, and nurture a world-class engineering team
- Design, develop, and deploy distributed systems in highly adversarial environments
- Apply cutting-edge research and new developments in adjacent fields to daily work
- Optimize performance, latency, security, and availability of blockchain networks and the applications they support
- Work with multiple teams to build systems that manage secure coordination between peer nodes around the world
- Defy accepted wisdom on the scalability of blockchain platforms
Wage Range: $130,000-$150,000 CAD
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Contact Information: email@example.com
Education and/or qualifications: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science
Work Experience: Experience with networking for large distributed systems, having insights into routing and protocol architecture.